Due to popular demand, I am now offering custom cartooning of your pets. If you would like me to create a cartoon of your pet, please visit my Etsy shop to make your request. If you do not have an Etsy account and don’t want to create one, you can also submit a request to me using the form or the email address on the Shop My Dog Said page.
I do my best to capture the spirit of your pet with my pen. I do not use any kind of photo filters or photo editing software to make these; all cartoons are hand-drawn on my iPad with a Stylus, using a vector drawing app.
My goal is always for you to love the finished product– We will work together until I have their personality just right and you love it as much as I do!
How much does it cost?
- $25 for each individual pet cartooned in the style of My Dog Said (with a white or solid color background) – click here to order through Etsy
- OR, a more detailed recreation of a specific photo, including background, $30 (for a single pet) or $50 for two or more pets. click here to order a single-pet full-color cartoon or click here for a multiple-pet full-color portrait
What will you get?
- A digital image of the finished picture, saved in the format of your choice (.PDF, .JPG, .PNG, etc)
- If you would like, I will also create any item(s) of your choosing on Zazzle.com or CafePress.com using the image so you can forever immortalize your pet on a coffee mug, t-shirt, etc.
What do I need from you?
- Obviously I will need a photo. If you want a My Dog Said-style cartoon, at least two-three photos of your pet – ideally one from the front and one from each side. They can be sitting, standing, or lying down. The more the pictures demostrate your pet’s personality the better!
- If you have more than one pet, it is helpful to have at least one picture of them together or with some sort of standard object so I can size them correctly. For example, if they are not in the picture together, if they are both sitting in front of the same chair in their photos.
- Please specify if you would like the background to be any color other than white or if you would like any text included on the final image (eg, your pet’s name, a favorite quotation, etc.)
How long will it take?
- This will vary depending on the number of pets cartooned and how many other projects are in line ahead of your request, but generally about one-two weeks. If you need the cartoon by a certain date or time, please be sure to mention this in your initial request so I can let you know if it can be ready by that time. I will do my best to accomodate special events such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc, but cannot guarantee a short turnaround time unless arranged in advance.
How do I order a cartoon of my own pet?
You can request your portrait through my Etsy shop here.
All original cartoons are copyrighted by me and may be posted on my blog, in my zazzle store, in my Etsy shop, or on any other social media site where I share my work. If you do not want your pet’s original photo posted on my website, please let me know; if you do not specify otherwise, submitting a photo to me will be understood as permission to share the photo alongside my illustrations. Cartoons are provided for the purchaser’s own personal use only, and may not be re-sold or used on any objects provided for sale by anyone other than myself.